Saturday, October 17, 2009

A 'kneejerk defender of Israel' sees sense...

The increased skepticism regarding Israel's behaviour towards the Palestinians following the last winter 'war' on Gaza expressed by American Jews is encouraging, albeit a case of too little, too late. But as the consolation prize proverb says: 'better late than never'.

But to make a real difference more mainstream non-Jewish Americans need to start seeing the Israeli-Palestinian conflict other than the through the still strongly biased lens of the pro-Israel American MSM and lose those pro-Israel reflexes. Here's just one American commenter, Tim Ellis, who on Oct. 16, 2009 @ 3:34 PM made the following comment over at Richard Silverstein and starts to make sense:

This overseas goy american has for many years been a kneejnerk defender of Israel on international flights, dinner parties, and in the most important and intimate conversations in my personal life. I will continue to be a defended or Israel, her right to exist and legitmancy as a nation.

I worked very hard to help elect Barak Obama.

I understand that there is a new settlement that bears his name. I am horrified. I am disgusted at the excess.

I learn from your blog that Michael Oren will not attend the J street conference. Virtually I witnessed Michael Oren in his renunciation of US nationality to take up his post. I had hopes that he could help save this nightmare. Alas no.

I'm not entirely sure that there is a settlement named after Obama but that's besides the point.

Tim, go forth and multiply... "international flights, dinner parties, and in the most important and intimate conversations in my personal life", it's all good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home