Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Damages: Great Show!

DamagesAlong with The Sopranos and The Shield, Damages is quickly set to become one of my favourite telly moments. I've already come to the point (at episode three, last night on BBC 1) that I'm looking forward to watching the repeats.

Whoever did the casting did a brilliant job. Glenn Close is a legend of course but played off against the relatively unknown (well, to me at least) Rose Byrne this is simply a great combo. But I can't fault any of the cast or their acting. And the story, flimsy as it may turn out or not turn out to be, hooks you right from the off.

It's clear there's something in Patty's and Frobisher's past that connects them and I'm already inclined to go and look it up but I'll resist. For now... The FXNetworks website on Damages is here.

The music is great too. I'd never heard of The VLA before (I only found out they were called that minutes ago) but you've gotta love that When I am Through with You (... there won't be anything left - listen to it here). Dark and broody US Indie rockpop just like I like 'em. Their website can be found here.

In short, I'm regaining the will to live...



Blogrush_logo
Get targeted traffic to your blog! Want more returning readers? Blogrush is 100% FREE, totally hands-free and automatically finds readers that are interested in your blog's content. See your blog traffic explode... No spam or abuse, no ads to run on your blog, just targeted traffic rushing to your blog. Less than 5 minutes to sign up (click). Or click logo to view a short presentation to see how it works. Why wait?

2 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Blogger Cookie..... said...

Haven't heard of this. I checked our TV listings and couldn't find anything on any of the FX networks...Is it just a British TV show???

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Gert said...

Hi Cookie,

Oh no, definitely US made. No idea when it's on at your end though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home