Friday, November 30, 2007

Every Word is True!

Snippet from Skepchick, via BlogRush.

CNN/YouTube debate:
One questioner from Texas said (and I’m paraphrasing from memory), “There’s one question that will tell me everything I need to know about you. [Holds up the Bible] Do you believe every word in this book?”

Most of the candidates skirted the question with the typical “symbolism and allegory” apologies, but Huckabee, who has a degree in theology (how scary is that?) says (paraphrasing again), “The Bible cannot be understood by a finite mind because it was created by an infinite God. If you can understand every word in your Bible, your God is too small.” (this was met with applause)

Let’s just think that through. An omniscient, omnipotent, and infinite God created a book via humans and for humans, and this is the only vehicle through which they are able to experience and understand him, and he made it too complicated for them to understand. And the fact that it can’t be understood only proves how great he is.

So I guess the more senseless the scripture, the greater the god. Wow. I may need a theology degree to understand that line of thinking…

Indeed!

2 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger Cookie..... said...

Gert, I know where you stand on things regarding God, but a few years back, I read an article, and unfortunately I don't recall where, about one of the scientists who assisted in, and later lead a research team, the sudy of The Bible Code.

He was so impressed by the complexity and accuracy of it that he made the following statement (from my memory), "because no human being could have created this extremely complex code, even though I have been an athiest and a scientific person all my life, there had to be some supremely intelligent entity behind this."

Perhaps, and only perhaps, that might have been the complexity he was referring to in his comment...I don't know.

As I've told you in the past, I was once very much like you regarding a Higher Power. An event in my life changed that. To date, I've watched and read just about everything on the Bible Code, and I must agree wholeheartedly with that scientist.

Perhaps if you did a little research on this subject (Bible Code) yourself, you being a scientifically oriented individual, you might begin to see something that you may want to look into further.

But thats just my humble opinion...

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Gert said...

Cookie:

Bible code?!?!? Please explain what you mean by that.

To me the Bible is a man-made book. An interesting read in many respects but not the Word of God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home